St. John's Anglican Church was built between 1849 and 1858, replacing a structure built in 1772. A fire destroyed much of the original interior. This design and rebuilding reflects fidelity to the Gothic Revival style prescribed for Anglican churches throughout the world. Few alterations were made to meet the needs of the growing congreation. Nonetheless, it retains much of its original interior woodwork. It is the most stylistically correct of all in the Gothic Revival buildings in the Virgin Islands.
St. John's Anglican Church