Christiansted VI 00820
The Lutheran Church is St. Croix’s oldest church, it was built around 1740 as the Dutch Reformed Church. Originally the Dutch Reformed Church, it was transferred to the Lutherans in 1834. After 1831, the building was taken over by the Lutheran congreation for their own use to replace their original church on Company Street, now the Steeple Building. The most distinctive feature is the neo-classical tower, built in 1834, and designed by Albert Lovmand, the offical architect for the Danish colonies at that time.