Blackbeard's Castle

2
1 review
Charlotte Amalie
St. Thomas VI 00802
340-776-1234
Neighborhood: St. Thomas
Tour: 

This watchtower, originally named Skytsborg (Sky Tower) by the Danes, was built in 1679. According to legend, the infamous pirate Edward Teach, nicknamed Blackbeard, used the tower to watch for ships entering the harbor.The structure is actually the remains of Skytsborg, built around 1674-1680 as a watch tower for guarding Charlotte Amalie. 

Categories: 
2
1 review

Accordion

Reviews count: 
1